Assistant Bar Manager – Bar Oso
Position: Assistant Bar Manager, Bar Oso
Reports to: Restaurant Director
Bar Oso – “oso” meaning “bear” in Spanish, an homage to Whistler’s wildlife – is open daily and offers a profusion of Spanish-influenced small plates, tapas, and house-made charcuterie perfect for lunch, dinner and late night.
We are currently hiring a full time, permanent Assistant Bar Manager position.
The Assistant Bar Manager will help inspire, develop, oversee and manage the front-of-house team, while working closely with the management team to support the delivery of a unique and elevated cocktail and wine program, along with a guest experience that is in harmony with the kitchen’s food program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Serves as an inspirational, committed and responsible leader to the restaurant’s front-of-house teams
- Assists with overseeing the day-to-day operations, and assist with month end inventories
- Maintains exceptional standards of professionalism and hospitality
- Leads by example, inspiring staff to deliver a memorable food and beverage experience every time
- Displays a genuine passion to facilitate and exceed guest service expectations
- Ensures the delivery of superior customer service through effective staff training and education
- Actively participates in the mentorship and support of all junior team members
- Develops a strong and positive rapport with both staff and guests alike
- Under the direction of the Restaurant Director, initiates and executes special projects as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A strong knowledge of today’s cocktail mixology programs
- Well organised and able to work at speed and deal with high volume
- Previous experience in a premium food and beverage operation
- A professionally recognized wine certificate is an asset [WSET or equivalent]
- Highly committed to a premium level of quality
- A solutions provider committed to a vision of service to create an ultimate guest experience
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks
- Comfortable with dealing with media, and VIP guests
- It is essential to have the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Applicants must have Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, CIS, or a valid work permit.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume online at https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/CAN5003AQG/JobBoard/27f6c3c5-7866-4a63-9e52-fd9ecf57255d/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=105d8524-ad7a-4d55-997c-5d4ff4ca8498. This position will remain open until filled.