Pastry Cook, Thierry
Thierry is looking for Pastry Cooks!
Position: Pastry Cooks
Reports to: Pastry Chef
Thierry Busset is widely regarded as one of the finest pastry chefs in North America. Our shop boasts a stunning room featuring classic chocolates, macarons, cakes and pastries: all items are hand-made daily using only premium ingredients. Barista crafted espresso and liquid chocolate beverages are also a central part of the cafe, complimented by a selection of sandwiches, soup and savoury offerings. We are also licensed and offer a selection of wine and spirits to complement our wide array of products.
We are currently hiring for two full time/permanent Pastry Cooks for our new location opening soon in the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood. The ideal candidate is a team player who works well under pressure in a dynamic and fast paced environment. They will have the opportunity to learn from an experienced kitchen team and work with exceptional seasonal products. If you are recognized for being team-oriented, motivated, energetic and organized, we invite you to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Complete assigned daily prep items with high quality and fresh ingredients
- Create and design bread, cakes and viennoise under the direction of the Pastry Chef
- Work closely with teammates to support the completion of daily cleaning tasks
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail with regards to product presentation and design
- Ability to multi-task in a team-oriented environment; ask for support and support others
- Maintain an organized and clean prep/work area
- Sample ingredients, mix, and finish products, ensuring standards, quality and created flavour profiles are met
- Meet production schedules and timelines
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Completion of a designated culinary school
- Minimum 6 months baking/pastry work experience
- Ability to multi-task and have an eye for detail
- Organized and able to work under pressure in a very busy environment
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Flexible working hours, including weekend and evenings
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their by clicking here. This position will remain open until filled.