Position: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Development & Construction
For over three decades, Toptable Group has defined elegant yet approachable dining through the passion and commitment of its award-winning chefs, renowned restaurant and wine directors, and dedicated staff members. Toptable is a rapidly growing hospitality company with a current portfolio of eight elegant yet approachable restaurants in Vancouver, Whistler, and New York.
Working out of our Head Office, the Project Coordinator will be involved in the development and construction of Toptable Group’s new and existing restaurant portfolio. The incumbent will contribute to the entire project lifecycle from conceptual design through to the end of construction; collaborating with a wide range of internal and external teams such as operations, construction, finance, legal, marketing and various external consultant teams through the development cycle. The Coordinator will play an important role in keeping projects on schedule and on budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned as required)
- Assist the Director in managing all activities throughout the project lifecycle, including quality control, schedule, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
- Coordinate the activities of the designers, contractors, building operations, and landlords to ensure timely information is exchanged to complete action items
- Facilitate project meetings with internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Assist in reviewing vendor quotations to ensure fair and reasonable pricing
- Manage general administrative and record keeping functions to ensure project information is readily available, maintaining accurate and relevant project records and reports
- Manage and respond to RFI’s, CO’s, SI’s, Submittals and other project correspondence through Project Management Software platforms
- Assist in reviewing drawings and specifications for design inconsistencies, conflicts, and approvals
- Maintain communication and cooperation between ownership, consultant teams, internal stakeholders, and contractors
- Coordinate the drafting and issuance of project proposals, tenders, budgets, and preliminary schedules and track progress
- Source speciality materials and products as required
- Assist internal departments with preparing contracts, negotiating revisions, changes, and execution
- Proactively provide all relevant project information to the Director and team; keeping key stakeholders informed about project status and issues that may impact project success
- Travel to and from project for site visits, construction meetings, updates etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience, preferably within the hospitality industry
- Post-secondary education in Project Management, Architecture, Commerce or Engineering
- Proven success in a result-driven organization with a demonstrated understanding of project management and development concepts
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with construction management software, Procore being an asset
- Previous experience with commercial and mixed-use real estate projects is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to confidently interact with diverse client groups
- A proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and stay one step- ahead
- An independent thinker; possessing good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel locally as required
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply online. This position will remain open until filled.